Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Film Review


Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
7/10

Directed by Sidney Lumet, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead is a crime drama involving two sons (played by Phillip Seymour-Hoffman and Ethan Hawke) who, through money problems, decide to rob their parents' jewelery store. They pick the perfect time to go (certain their parents won't be the ones working) and have everything in place to turn around their disasterous financial (and living) situations. That's when everything goes bad. No spoilers here. I'll say this though: You won't find any likable characters in this one. Not saying I hated it. The lead characters were fleshed out perfectly. Great story and acting. I liked how the film was told.

Oh and I realized I also want to see WALL-E and Quantum of Solace.

No comments: